||The Free Kindergarten Union of Victoria commenced teacher training in 1909. A two year course was run in cooperation with the Education Department in 1910-14, but from 1917 the Union trained its students independently. In 1922 the Kindergarten Training College was established in Mooroolbeek, Kew. In 1965 the institution, as the Melbourne Kindergarten Teachers' College, became an entity separate from the Union, and in 1973 joined the State College of Victoria as the Institute of Early Childhood Development. Subsequently it has been amalgamated with the University of Melbourne. The Graduates' Association initiated the establishment and running of the Warrawong Kindergarten in 1957, and the Forest Hill Kindergarten.
'Follow the Flute' was first published in 1946. In 1981, with a grant from the International Year of the Child 1980, it was reprinted by the Graduates Association of the IECD, 'with donations, given lovingly by the many friends and relatives of Helen Stuart (nee Mosley) who died November, 1978.' (Helen Mosley and Helen Vincent were the co-authors).
||Teacher training institutions