University of Melbourne Archives

University of Melbourne Archives is implementing a new public catalogue at that will be available from 20 November 2023. This catalogue will remain online until June 2024 but will not be updated. Information on this page may be superseded. Contact for questions or assistance
Home | Search Collections | Browse Collections | Search Digitised Items | Help
Catalogue Entries
Records Creators
Back | View creator's records
University Of Melbourne. Faculty Of Veterinary Science
History : Previous Control no. UA21 Following training and private practice in England, W.T. Kendall arrived in Melbourne in 1880, creating the Melbourne Veterinary College in 1888, which was taken over by the University of Melbourne with the opening of the Veterinary School in 1909. The Faculty was first constituted in 1909, meeting first on 20th April of that year. Based off the campus in Parkville, the faculty in 1966 established a Clinical Centre at Werribee, where teaching and research are also conducted. Students spend the first three years at Parkville, and the final two at Werribee (when many of them live in the Kendall Hall of Residence). The Faculty also provides veterinary services to the public and to the livestock and bloodstock industries.
Activities/Occupation: University faculties, University committee
Back | View creator's records