||The Diploma of Education was offered from 1903, within the Arts Faculty. In 1919 the first Professor was appointed (John Smyth, Principal of the Teachers' College and lecturer in Education since 1903) and in 1923 the Faculty of Education was established. On the amalgamation of the Melbourne College of Advanced Education with the University of Melbourne on 1 January 1990, the Faculty joined with College to form the University of Melbourne Institute of Education, headed by Professor Kwong Lee Dow as Director. In 1956 a fund was endowed by Mrs. R.D. Elliot and Mr H. Roland Fink to advance Australian education and commemorate their father, Theodore Fink. The income was to be used to conduct an annual seminar in Melbourne on the historical or commemorative study of Australian education, to be called the Theodore Fink Memorial Seminar in Australian Education. The first was held in July 1957.
||University faculties, Teacher training institutions